Business Process Model and Notation is a graphical representation for specifying business processes in a business process model. A standard
BPMN will provide businesses with the capability of understanding their internal business procedures in a graphical notation and will give organisations the ability to communicate these procedures in a standard manner.
Stencils Included in Grafio
History of BPMN
Business Process Management Initiative (BPMI) developed BPMN, which has been maintained by the Object Management Group since the two organisations merged in 2005. Version 2.0 of BPMN was released in January 2011, at which point the name was adapted to Business Process Model and Notation as execution semantics were also introduced alongside the notational and diagramming elements.
Benefits of BPMN
- Viewing systems from multiple perspectives.
- Discovering causes and effects using model traceability.
- Improving system understanding through visual analysis.
- Discovering errors earlier and reducing system defects.
- Exploring alternatives earlier in the system lifecycle.
- Improving impact analysis, identifying potential consequences of a change, or estimating modifications to implement a change.
- Simulating system solutions without code generation.
- Enabling quick and easy understanding of your systems within an organization by all members of your teams.
- Assisting new team members in getting up to speed quickly.
The samples you see below were created in Grafio using the BPMN stencils. You can download any sample and open it in Grafio.